Sunday, March 9, 2008

Reader Beware

This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by hearing of faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? Have you suffered so many things in vain - if indeed it was in vain?
Galatians 3:2-4

Can we be real here?
I mean..can I be honest and transparent for a moment? Can I ask you a question and are you willing to think about it and give me an honest answer?
Are you weary?

Does it seem like you are walking a treadmill that goes nowhere? Come on, be honest, lay aside everything you think you know and forget the stock answers.
Are you weary?

OK, here is a shocker (or not)- I am weary!
Yep, you heard it first, from the person you thought had it all together.
The Bible says confess your sins so that you may be healed. Being weary is not a sin. What you do when you are weary could lead to sin, if you turn from God and ignore the convictions.

I work a secular job. Most of the people I work with are "good" people and I have really come to care about most of them. As far as I know, I am the only believer- or should I say, practicing believer (if that is a correct term) I am lonely and I am struggling.
(*OK, a note/warning here for the RELIGIOUS people: This blog entry could upset you and tempt you to stone me, so hit the x button now)
Can we just be real! Can we take off those stinking plastic masks and reveal our imperfect selves, our humanity, and be OK with it? Can we just deal with it for Pete's sake. (who is Pete anyway?)

Do you ever feel like you are juggling raw eggs with your Christian walk? Ever get tired of saying "I am fine" when you know you aren't? This is too much pressure and it is pressure that we have put on ourselves because we have allowed ourselves to be indoctrinated with with false gospel. We my have started off right, but somewhere along the way, we took a wrong turn. Paul said it best when he asked,"...who bewitched you...?"

I have deleted most of what I wrote, because I guess I am too afraid of dropping my eggs, though what I really want to do is throw them at the wall. Religion stinks! And I long for my Jesus to once again reach down and pick me up and wipe me off and cradle me in His arms, so close I can hear His heart beat, and remind me once again that He has not forgotten me- again and again and again- because He is faithful, even when I am not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey wrote...
Kathy wrote...
Hey kiddo, I just read your last two blogs. I can sooo relate. Can't help...but can definitely relate. Weary is good word, but exhaustively befuddled is better. Not to brag or anything, but if serving and loving others were the answer to peace with
contentment....I would be an overly fat joyous christian. If praying is the answer, I find no fault in myself after much examination. If reading the Word is to be my sole answer....how much more should I be reading? My day is soaked in God's Word. If unconfessed sin is the problem....why isn't my daily prayers of confession enough? The only conclusion is a conclusion that I do NOT understand, but why should I? My Heavenly Father's ways and thoughts are soooo much grander than mine. When I look around at all His creation I am amazed. Do you know about the tiny cell adhesive protein molecule that holds us together? It holds every joint, muscle, ligament, and everything else in place. Stacey, do you know what it is called??? Do you know what it looks like???? It is called laminin. Please google laminine.....look at the design and structure that mak es you ...you and me...me. It will amaze you and put all your problems in a new prospective. As soon as you finish reading this ....google laminin and tell me what you think??? Could this really be real? I will try to take these hard times as times of growing. They are lonely times, but that doesn't mean that God is not close. It just means I am so entangled with the things that do not matter...that they are drowning out the voice of God. I am just talking about me now....not you. Every powerful man and women of faith that I know and have read about has lonely times, weary times, persecution times, but they are usually coupled with times of happiness too. Our time of victory is coming. God will not leave us. We are a little battle fatiqued, but we are more than conquerors too. How many people's marriages would have survived some of the things we have went through??? Not many, the answer for the world is leave. The Apostle Peter was sifted by satan just before the Lord gave him much authority. I know something is coming....something good....something so special and sweet....

Lets Hang on! Lets Believe God! I am so glad that Queen Esther did not give up. If she would have...where would we be??/ Remember Jesus came from her blood line. The Lord's raising up a new generation of faithful men and women who will serve him when it is not convenient. It may even hurt. But when He knows He can trust us in small things...more will be poured into our laps. I know I met you because you are someone very special and essential for something God has. I do not the whole picture...but that is okay.

I will be starting a military support group at church. Since I have taking on this feat many things have happened to keep me so busy that I can't do anything. But I am going to give God my precious seed....my time....and pray He will bless.

Laurzie said...

Stacey, this is great... I wish you hadn't deleted most of it. I feel the same way. When I'm exhausted, worn out, stinking sick and tired of everything and everyone, generally I paste a smile of my face and say "I'm fine", too. What's wrong with not being fine anyway??? Thanks for your transparency. I appreciated this more than I can say.