Thursday, April 17, 2008

He is still here!

For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
Romans 11:29

Hey guys!It has been awhile since I last posted here. A lot of stuff has been happening here. But thank God the sun is shining today and I am still standing. I have been going through a sifting and I am so thankful for my friends that are standing beside me and encouraging me without judgement and praying me through. I love you!

Well, the house is still on the market. Can not wait until that sign changes from for sale to sold. Next stop is Florida. I am excited and looking forward to the change (and the ocean!) My two youngest do not share my enthusiasm. Savanna is convinced we will all die in a hurricane. She said "Mommy, we can't go there, the good die young." So, I told her to just continue being bad and she will not have to worry about it. haha She says some funny things sometimes.

Yahoo, guess what! I lost two sizes. Still got more to go, but I am getting there. I got the Turbo Jam DVD's. Chalene Johnson is great. Now as you know, I have a little problem with things holding my interest for any length of time ( I am not a good movie date) but these DVD's are fantastic. I am feeling the results. My girls laugh at me when I work out in the mornings. They sit on the couch and my 8 year old plays the role of Simon, haha I told her to go ahead and laugh, but Mama is gonna look good this summer.

God is so faithful. I have really been struggling these past couple months. Have been a dark place. I will confess some of it was because of choices that I have made and there is no need to elaborate. But I just want to give glory to God right now. He has kept His word and He has not forsaken me and He has not left me.

Now I know I am not the only one who has experienced this, but I was so down I thought I would never get up. When my mind battled hell and I fought to just hold on, Jesus did not let go of me. When I cried because I could not pray and just sat with my Bible on my lap and could not read it, Jesus did not let go of me. When I continued to walk in the opposite direction, still He was there. When I heard His voice, I cried because I remembered all the promises and was very afraid I blew it, but He was there.

Do you know where He took me? He took me to David, the man after His own heart.

Have mercy on me, O God
According to Your loving kindness
According to the multitude of Your tender mercies
Blot out my transgressions
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity
And cleanse me from my sin

For I acknowledge my transgressions
And my sin is always before me
Against You, You only, have I sinned
And done this evil in Your sight-
That You may be found just when You speak
And blameless when You judge

Behold, You desire truth in my inward parts
And in the hidden part, You will make me to know wisdom

Hide Your face from my sin
And blot out all my iniquities
Create in me a clean heart, O God
And renew a steadfast spirit within me
Do not cast me away from Your presence
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit
O Lord, open my lips
And my mouth shall show forth Your praise

Psalm 51: 1-6,9-12,15

Remember, as He has caused me to remember, He is a good father and His gifts are irrevocable and His promises are yes and amen! It is not sacrifice He desires, but a broken and contrite heart.

Humbly His!

No comments: