Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Most Fantastic Day

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ
2 Corinthians 10:4,5

Today is a rainy Sunday. I had the day off from work. I had such a wonderful and peaceful day. Guess what we did today. Our washing machine is on the brink until the repair man cometh, so we went to the laundromat. I have not been to one of those for so long. It was kinda fun. Ok, are you thinking I need to get out more often? haha Tim and I did it together and that was fun.

Then we went out for lunch with the girls and came home and relaxed the rest of the day. Tim made dinner so I get to do the dishes, which are still sitting out there. Maybe the rapture will come and get me out of it. Hmmm...

I have really praying that God move me out of my job. Not cause me to be unemployed, but to open an other door. I really want to focus on my writing. I do miss being home in the evenings with the family. I am thinking about joining an on line writing community, to help with accountability and critique for my writing. I will start posting some of my work and you guys can read it and give me some feedback.

So I noticed gas is $3.49 today. Does anyone else see a problem here? I was going to go outa town today, but perhaps it is more important that we eat, huh? It has got me thinking what can we do to cause change?

The New Yorker has the best cartoons. There is one of an older couple sitting on a couch watching t.v. and the caption says "When we retire, I want to watch travel videos" What happened to the American dream, huh? What a true, but sad commentary. What is wrong with seniors working at the age of 80 still working to buy their meds? I wonder how much more we will take?

Do you think perhaps we have become blind sighted? Working for something that is not eternal and never achieving what we are striving for? Can greed ever be satisfied and will fear never bow? Certainly I am not suggesting we all quit working and be lazy, but guys, let's focus. Are we impacting the world around us? Is our sphere of influence be influenced for Christ or is our love growing cold? Do we have oil in our lamps?

Those of you who know me, know my heart is evangelism. But I will confess to you, working a secular job is hard. It is a battle to not give into the pull of the world. Thank God for His grace and love that does not let me go. We have His Holy Spirit to remind us what our goal is. There is no prosperity gospel or a poverty gospel, but the gospel of Jesus Christ is what leads to an abundant life. So keep your focus. Encourage each other, pray for one another, it does matter!

By the way, pray for us to sell our house sooooon! We want to be in Florida before classes start. Pray not only for us to sell our house, but pray for the next family who will live here and pray for our future neighbors and church family. Remembering God sets His boundaries around us and He decides where we will live.

I love you guys. Keeping the faith!

No comments: