Thursday, July 10, 2008

No Title 4 This 1

Ok, so I am sitting here watching Dante's Peak, with Charles Bronson and Linda Hamilton. I chuckle to myself, because I remember when I first saw this I thought it was a good movie. I guess it still is, in a cheesy kinda way. hahaha Oh no! Wait! Charles left his transmitter in the truck, now they are in an old mine, which conveniently is the little boys "fort". How are people going to find them without that transmitter? Oh, the suspense. I can't take it. Hurry Charles, get the transmitter, while Linda gets some rope to tie up Ruffy the dog and then they will get some water and clean their cuts. Oooops, rock slide, will they make it? I will stop here, because I do not want to ruin the movie for you.

I was given a gift of a poem today. A guest from work wrote it for me. It has been a long time since I had a poem just for me. It was very nice.

The weather here today was absolutely beautiful. I was off from work, so I took Savanna and her friend swimming. Alex went to her friends house. A kid swap kind of thing. Anyhoot, it was so relaxing to sit in the sun and read. DW, I am past the halfway mark in the book.

I am currently reading The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini. It is very well written. It was also made into a movie if you want to cheat, but books are so much better. the main characters are two young boys, and the father and their life in Afghanistan before the war. It is well written, with detail and passion, I give it a two thumbs up and recommend it for a good summer read.

No buyers for the house yet. Another couple is coming tomorrow to see the house. Will someone please make an offer? Anyone?

No comments: