Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Just Me

I can't believe it is almost the 4th of July! Can you? Where does the time go? Is summer really here?

Hope everyone has some fun plans to celebrate the 4th. We are going to take the girls to the zoo and then find somewhere to watch fireworks. I can't wait. I love trips to the zoo. I remember one time taking the kids to the zoo and they got to witness how baby elephants are made. Let me tell ya, it was an educational trip. Yikes!

Speaking of the 4th, the celebration of our Independence, I have a question for you, are you registered to vote and do you vote? I am amazed how many people are not registered and do not vote. There are people dying for the freedom to vote. There were people who died for our freedom to vote.

The argument seems to be, what can one vote do? Does it really matter? Well heck yea it matters! One vote? Multiply that by a few million and it adds up. Does your vote count? Does it matter? Duh! We are not voting for a dictatorship you know, it does not stop after you pull the lever at the polls, we still have a responsibility to hold our elected officials accountable.

Obamas campaign is kicking off a registration drive on July 4th. So, if you are not registered, get registered and then see to it that your friends are registered. It does matter.

Ok, I am finished my tangent.

Looks like rain today. I am taking girls out for lunch today before I get ready for work.

House is still on market, but I really believe we will have an offer soon. Melissa Watson of Long and Foster is fantastic!

No comments: