Saturday, February 23, 2008

Comfort in Sorrow

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
Hebrews 10:23

Hello friends. Sad news. The little girl I told you about in my last blog went home to be with Jesus. Her name was Alyvia, she was only 8 years old. Her funeral is tomorrow, so please keep her family in your prayers.
I did not know this little girl or her family personally, yet my heart breaks for her family. I could not sleep last night. I watched my little girl, who is also 8 years old, sleep peacefully between me and her father. I imagined the nightmare Alyvias mother must be going through (I am not overlooking her father, I am writing as a mom) and all I could do was pray for her and cry for her.
Did you ever have one of those days that your kids were just plucking your last nerve and you were counting down the minutes until bedtime? Then when they are finally asleep, they look so peaceful that you just want to wake them up. I want to encourage you right now to stop and look at what the Lord has done for you.
Perhaps you are in a time of trial or going through a great struggle and you are feeling like you are alone. And perhaps one of you have expeienced a loss of a loved one and you are grieving as Alyvias family is grieving.
Maybe you are thinking to yourself that it all sounds good, but you do not have anything to be thankful for. Then this is for you my friend, the Lord, the lifter of your chin, says He has not forgotten you and He has not forsaken you and He will never leave you.
When you feel that you have nothing left to hold onto, hang on to Jesus! He will bring you through. He is the reason of your hope.
Romans 8:18 says, "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."
and Romans 8: 24,25 says, "For we are saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perserverance."
I leave you with this parting word, stay in the faith, the faith in Jesus Christ, and may His love that passes all understanding fill your hearts to overflowing and bring comfort to those who are grieving.
Agree with me now, Jesus, You have come to heal the brokenhearted. It is the name of Jesus that You, Father, comfort Alyvias family now, because You have loved them and have given them an everlasting consolation and good hope through grace.
I love you guys!

No comments: