Hello My Faithful Readers (all one of you, hahaha)
I just finished watching a very good movie. The Kite Runner. O'mygosh, it was such a good movie. Mostly in sub titles, so literacy is needed to fully enjoy the movie. Two thumbs up, you gotta get out and rent it. I bought the book for Tim and he finished reading it, so I am reading it now, he went out and rented the movie so "I didn't have to read the book". Isn't he the funny one! I am going to read the book anyway, even though I know the ending.
I have a story I want to share with you. A praise report. I am going to paste the story below. Liz is my neighbor two doors down and loves God. This story is an amazing miracle.
Oh yea, before I forget, I know times are rough and it costs a kidney to fill the gas tank up, but I want to remind you, when you go out to eat, don't forget to tip your server, just in case that server might be me. hahaha
My due date was 6-20. Last Monday around 7 or so I started getting contractions that were slightly regular any where from 3-15 minutes apart. I really was in no hurry to go to the hospital—plus, I had no sitter for Gabriella and Charlie, so I just kept doing my thing. I was doing laundry, dishes, and business related stuff. My husband’s cousin got the kids around 12am. I still had lots of work to do. I kept working until about 3am.
I had been hit with a cold earlier that day and really just wanted to got to sleep but figured—well I’ll go to the hospital and see if I can convince Dr. Wolford to break my water, I’ll have the baby then I can go to sleep—no big deal.
Right before 3am I started feeling kinda weak, tired and really shaky and anxious. I did not know why—I wasn’t nervous about having another baby---so what was wrong? Then I threw up a few times and tried to eat thinking maybe my blood sugar was low; I couldn’t even eat my favorite cereal.
Alan said, maybe you should go to sleep for awhile and we will go in the morning. I wanted to do some more work for the business since I knew I’d be gone for 2 days in the hospital.
I decided to just go. We got to the hospital at 3:20am. I went to labor and delivery and casually said, “I’m pretty sure I am in labor.”
The nurses hooked me up to the monitors and started freaking out because the baby’s heart rate was so low. Dr. Wolford happened to be there at the hospital—AT 3AM!!!! He was in my room within 3 minutes! He had me moving in many different positions to get the baby’s heart rate up- NOTHING WOULD WORK. I said to one of the nurses, “are you sure that’s not MY heart rate?”- NO; it was my baby’s.
Dr. Wolford said-“We’ve got to get this baby out, NOW” Now if any of you local people know Dr. Wolford- you know he is always very relaxed and soft spoken with a semi-hidden great sense of humor. Well, he was freaking out—in a professional manner though. He said, “Get the crew called in and the OR room ready STAT.”
He told me that I would be in a lot more pain than a normal c-section patient because they didn’t even have time to anesthetize me, they were just going to put my under general anesthesia. I realized this was serious. Right then, I was already on my knees—I started to pray. My husband saw what I was doing and grabbed my hand to join me. I was crying and he had tears in his eyes-not knowing what to think or do.
They rushed me down the hall- Alan had to stay behind; they didn’t have time to get him sterile. He luckily was able to watch though through a little window from far away.
Before Dr. Wolford came in he told Alan that he did not expect for little Alaina to be in good condition.
Alaina Elizabeth Blank was born at 3:47am. Her apgars were 7 & 8 and she cried right away. The ph level in her umbilical cord very pretty acidic from lack of oxygen.
The Problem was discovered; I was bleeding TO DEATH! PLACENTA ABRUPTIO; The placenta had ripped away from my uterus and Alaina wasn’t getting enough oxygen to keep her alive! Dr. Wolford told Alan right afterwards that IF WE HAD GOTTEN TO THE HOSPITAL 15 MINUTES LATER OUR BABY WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD AND I WOULD’VE BEEN CLOSE TO DEATH AS WELL! I WOULD’VE BEEN DEAD FOR SURE IF I HAD GONE BACK TO SLEEP LIKE MY BODY WA TELLING ME TO. I WOULD’VE NEVER WOKEN UP! In fact, I was already in maternal shock from blood loss- that is why I threw up and felt all shaky and nervous.
Now in 80% of Placental Abruptions come with bleeding and 80% come with severe ripping pain. I HAD NOTHING! NO SPOTTING, NO PAIN OTHER THAN SEVERAL CONTRACTIONS. I had asked Dr. Wolford if he’d induce me Monday morning but he said we’d talk about it at my next visit. I was kinda looking forward to jokingly saying, “well, Dr. Wolford, I asked you to induce me on Monday morn, if you would’ve agreed I wouldn’t have gotten you out of bed in the middle of the night. J” I also told him that I may see him over the weekend because I would be doing all kinds of things that I wasn’t supposed to be doing in hopes that I would go into labor, well, I actually had did nothing to stress myself out over the weekend, I just chilled.
Dr. Wolford visited me 2 times each day I was in the hospital and during most visits just kept saying, “15 minutes later”, “you didn’t have much time kiddo”, “15-20 minutes later and I would’ve had to give your husband a disastrous talk that I really would’ve hated to have”, and just how amazing he thought this “luck” was. On Friday before I left the hospital, I asked him; “Dr. Wolford, do you believe in miracles?” It caught him off guard. He said, “Well, uh, I think that nature has a way of doing things and that good things happen to good people.” I told him, there are too many “coincidences” here, this is a God thing!---nothing short of a miracle from Him. I really didn’t have any sense of urgency to come in; I just did because I wanted to get the baby out and then go to sleep.
Now, CAN ANYONE TELL ME THAT ALL THESE THINGS ARE JUST ONE BIG SET OF COINCIDENCES????
- WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AT 3AM EVEN THOUGH I REALLY DIDN’T THINK I NEED TO AND REALLY JUST WANTED TO SLEEP
- DR. WOLFORD WAS THERE AT HE HOSPITAL AT 3AM
- 15-20 MINUTES LATER AND MY PRECIOUS BABY WOULD’VE BEEN BORN DEAD! (WHAT IS 15 MINUTES??- ANOTHER LOAD OF LAUNDRY, A FEW MORE DISHES? THE END OF A TV SHOW? A QUICK BATH? REALLY; IT TAKES 15 MINUTES TO GET TO THE HOSPITAL- 15 MINUTES IS NOTHING!!)
- 80% of Placental Abruptions come with bleeding – I HAD NONE!
- 80% come with severe ripping pain- I HAD NONE!
- I WAS IN MATERNAL SHOCK FROM BLOOD LOSS (BUT DIDN’T KNOW IT) AND LETHARGIC BUT STILL JUST WENT IN BECAUSE…
- I HAD NO REASON TO THINK I NEEDED TO OR REALLY SHOULD GO TO THE HOSPITAL….
- OUT OF MY BELLY CAME A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL WHO CRIED RIGHT AWAY WITH GOOD APGARS THAT DR. WOLFORD AND HER PEDIATRICIAN DR. NUBER ARE AMAZED WITH! SHE IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY HEALTHY!! I COULDN’T ASK FOR A BETTER BABY!!- (SHE EVEN SLEEPS WONDERFULLY!!!)
- MY BEST FRIEND JESSICA HAD A DREAM THE WEEK BEFORE (SHE DIDN’T TELL ME THIS BEFORE ALAINA WAS BORN)—SHE HAD A DREAM THAT I HAD GIVEN BIRTH TO A STILL BORN DAUGHTER
- MY DAUGHTER MCKAYLA WAS FREAKING OUT ON MONDAY NIGHT CRYING AND TELLING MY MOTHER, “MY MOMMY IS GOING TO DIE AND THE BABY TOO!!” IT TOOK HOURS TO CALM HER DOWN. I WAS RECEIVING PRAYER SPECIFICALLY AGAINST THE FEAR OF A STILL BORN BABY AND PERSONAL HEALTH PROBLEMS.
- THE WEEK BEFORE I HAD A DREAM THAT I GAVE BIRTH TO A DEAD DAUGHTER. THIS WAS A VERY DETAILED DREAM. I REFUSED TO LEAVE HER AT THE HOSPITAL, I BROUGHT HER HOME AND LAYED ON HER NURSERY ROOM FLOOR WITH HER- I SAID, SHE IS COMING HOME.
I ALSO DREAMT IN THE SAME NIGHT THAT I HAD DIED AND SAW MY OTHER CHILDREN GROWING UP WITHOUT ME—WISHING I WAS STILL THERE AND THAT I HAD AT LEAST WRITTEN TO THEM ALL TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH I LOVED THEM AND HOW SPECIAL THEY ALL ARE TO ME AND MY DREAMS FOR THEM. WISHING I COULD HOLD THEM AND TELL THEM I LOVED THEM AGAIN.----------I REBUKED THESE EVIL DREAMS AND VISIONS AND PRAYED AGAINST THEM KNWOING THEY WERE NOT FROM GOD BUT FROM SATAN. I REBUKED THEM AND ASKED FOR PROTECTION.
- NOW I UNFORTUNATLY HAVE HAD DREAMS & VISIONS IN THE PAST OF BAD THINGS HAPPENING AND THEN THEY HAVE HAPPENED, SOMETIMES EXACTLY HOW I HAD SEEN. I ALSO HAVE HAD PANIC ATTACKS WHEN I “KNEW” SOMETHING WAS WRONG AND THERE ENDED UP BEING SOMETHING TERRIBLE THAT HAPPENED. BUT---THERE WAS NO REASON IN THE WORLD WHY I SHOULD’VE BEEN WORRYING ABOUT STILLBIRTH OR MYSELF DYING—I HAVE ALWAYS HAD NORMAL HEALTHY PREGANCIES, YES I WAS MISERABLE BEING PREGNANT WITH HER, BUT MY PREGNANCY WAS NORMAL AND HEALTHY.
ARE THESE JUST A COINCIDENCE? YEAH RIGHT! NOT IN A MILLION YEARS! GOD HAS THE WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HANDS. HE PUT IT IN MY MIND TO GO TO THE HOPSITAL WHEN I DIDN’T THINK I NEEDED TO, WHEN I REALLY JUST WANTED TO SLEEP—AND JUST AT THE RIGHT TIME---REMEMBER ; I HAD A 15 MINUTE WINDOW BETWEEN THE LIFE AND THE DEATH OF MY BABY GIRL. AND A NOT MUCH WIDER WINDOW FOR MY OWN LIFE…AND I NEVER THOUGHT ANYTHING WAS WRONG!!!
HOW LONG DOES IT TYPICALLY TAKE TO GET A DOCTOR TO YOUR BEDSIDE? 3 MINUTES? OR 3 HOURS?????—HE WAS THERE WITHIN 3 MINUTES AT MY BEDSIDE!!
THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS; THIS WAS NOTHING LESS THAN A MIRACLE FROM GOD! THERE IS NO JUSTIFYING IT ANY OTHER WAY!
SATAN HAD A PLAN TO DESTROY MY ENITRE FAMILY! THAT IS WHAT HE DOES BEST! HE TRIES TO DESTROY PEOPLE AND PLANS, HOPES AND DESIRES, AND IS PRETTY GOOD AT IT! WELL, I REBUKED HIS PLAN IN THE NAME OF JESUS- WHO OVERCAME THE GRAVE AND GOD WOULD NOT ALLOW SATAN’S PLAN TO PREVAIL! SIMILAR TO THE STORY OF JOB, BUT GOD WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO BE HARMED NOR MY BABY AND FAMILY!! PRAISE THE LORD GOD!
I WILL TESTIFY TO THIS MIRACLE AND PREACH TO THE POWER OF THE LORD OF US ALL UNTIL THE DAY I DO DIE OR TAKEN TO HEAVEN WITH JESUS!!
THANK YOU JESUS, NOW THIS IS MERCY AND GRACE!!!!...AND ONCE AGAIN, UNDESERVED MERCY AND GRACE! HALLELUIYAH!
NEVER TAKE LIFE FOR GRANTED, TELL YOUR FAMILY AND BABIES YOU LOVE THEM AT LEAST ONCE A DAY- TOMORROW IS PROMISED TO NO ONE!!