Saturday, May 16, 2009

BBQ, Will Smith & Why do dogs drink from the toilet?

Had a great Saturday. Met a new friend recently, we went to their house for a bbq. Met some more new people. And guess what! They are normal people. Had a blast. They have little girls Savannas age.

Last Monday the girls and I took a little field trip to Cape Canaveral to watch the shuttle launch. It was exciting. What was amazing is, you saw the shuttle before you heard it, and then the sound came in waves. It was a little cloudy, so we could not watch it go all the way, but we saw it.

Drove nearly 3 hours to get there. Made it in time though. On the way home we drove through 3 thunderstorms. The kind that rains so big. There was alot of lightening, and anyone who knows me, knows I am afraid of lightening.

Oh yea, I saw unusual road kill that you do not see up north, a pelican and an alligator. Weird!

So there I am driving, gripping the wheel until my knuckles turned white out of fear of the lightening and I can't see. But we made it home in one piece.

Funny thing about south Florida, it rains in one place, but not another. And then when the rain stops the sun shines and you can't even tell it rained. I do love this weather.

Has anyone seen Seven Pounds with Will Smith? I saw it last night. What did you think? Of course Will Smith was in it, so you know it's gonna be good. I liked it. Cried at the end though.

Also recently saw Doubt with Meryl Streep. The cast was superb. The actors carried the movie with their acting. Good story line, but I personally thought the writing was weak.

Time to go fill the dogs water bowl before she empties the toilet. YUCK!

No comments: