Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Forest got it wrong, but he gets a star for trying

Ok, so Forest Gump said "life is like a box of chocolates"? I think life is like a cookie jar. A mixed cookie jar at that! Ok, so you are staring at the cookie jar, you got your cup of joe in one hand and at the very bottom of the cookie jar is that one cookie that you absolutely have to have at that moment to dip in your coffee. Sure the other cookies are good, but that that one at the very bottom would be perfect!

Or how about a cereal box? Remember when you were a kid and cereal came with prizes? Who could wait 'till you ate enough ceral to get to the bottom of that box and claim the prize of a cheap toy? Confess, when your mom wasn't looking you know you dug your grubby fingers into the box and got that toy. Funny, after the prize, the cereal was not as tasty anymore. Unless of course it was Boo Berry.

I am doing some studying now. No, I am writing this, but I am suppose to be studying now. Got some deadlines quickly approaching. Clock is ticking! So Bubba Gump, here is where I am.... do I do this or do I do that? Do I major in this or do I major in that? Both are appealing, but which will get me to where I want to be - faster?

Geezopetes! I wanna dump this cookie jar out and just get to that cookie already!

Forest Gump, life is not like a box of chocolates, chocolates are laid out side by side, you can see what ya get. I don't care what yo mama say's... life is a big box of sweet cereal and the only way to get to that prize is eat it!

That's my thought anyway. Back to the books...

No comments: