Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Day after Mothers Day

Happy day after Mothers Day! That sounds better than "yuck Monday is here and it is raining to boot".

Reading the headlines in the news is a good way to help keep things in perspective. Cyclones, earthquakes, floodings, war.... makes me think of two things;

1. What do I really have to complain about!?
2. Jesus told us to watch for these signs

Guys, time is coming, hope you are right with God.

So, I have been reading Galatians from The Message. thought I'd share with ya.

It is obvious what kind of life develops out of trying to get your own way all the time: repetitive, loveless, cheap sex; a stinking accumulation of mental and emotional garbage; frenzied and joyless grabs for happiness; trinket gods; magic show religion; paranoid loneliness; cutthroat competition; all-consuming-yet-never-satisfied wants; a brutal temper; an impotence to love or be loved; divided homes and divided lives; small minded and lopsided pursuits; the vicious habit of depersonalizing everyone into a rival; uncontrolled and uncontrollable addictions; ugly parodies of community. I could go on.

This isn't the first time I warned you, you know. If you use your freedom this way, you will not inherit God's kingdom.

But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way a fruit appears in an orchard- things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. we find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely. 5:19-23

I had to check myself again after reading this. Ask myself where do I fall? I am so thankful for the gift of His Holy Spirit. That is how we know we are not orphans, because He leads us.

Hey, did I tell you we got an offer on our house? Yep, we ended our contract with the realtor, and decided to sell it ourselves. Within 24 hours we got our first offer. All we have to do is send this guy our bank account information and he will wire the money into our account because he want to move in by June. I am impressed. He has not even seen our house and he wants to buy it. And to think, all we have to do is give him our bank information... hahaha

Have a great Monday!

Peace!

No comments: