Saturday, May 10, 2008

Weapon of Warfare

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12 NKJ

I heard the most funniest thing today.Ok, not haha funny, but weird funny. As well meaning as this person was that said this statement, I had to walk away and scratch my head. A group was getting ready to go and street evangelize, for that I am thrilled, that is my heart and it was very nice and encouraging to see a group stepping out and I know God will honor that.

As they gathered, the leader gave them some instructions, go out in two's, how to approach the people, etc... but then he said something that I thought strange, he said not to use any scripture when witnessing to the people. Now I am sure that what he meant to say was, do not come off sounding all religious and scare these people, at least that is what I hope he meant. He told then to pray with these people and invite them to the church service they were having.

Ok, if the intention is to get these lost souls to church, then alright, I guess...

But if it is to save their souls, uh... you can not do that without the word. The word is our sword, it is our weapon. We do not go into the battle without our weapons. We are using he big guns when we use the word, responsibly, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Now, as you can probably tell if you have been following my blog, I am a follower of The Way of the Master. (click on their link to the right of this page) Preach the law first and let it do it's job and then preach grace. How else can a person be truly saved if they do not know what they are being saved from?

Many people think they are good people and will go to heaven based on that and many people think they will go to heaven because they go to church. How can a person know they are a transgressor, a law breaker, a criminal and will stand judgment and face execution unless they know the law and see they have broken it and need a bail bondsman, someone to pay their fine, which the penalty is death, a savior, Jesus Christ?

As my husband and I were discussing this earlier, I was reminded why people do not want to hear or are afraid to preach the law, because it offends people. Tell an adulterer they are going to hell, could make him feel a little uncomfortable, tell a person they are going to hell because they cheated on their taxes, might sound harsh, but what is worse is leading someone in "the prayer" and they have no clue what the cost was for their free ticket to heaven and you have created a false convert who will end up in hell anyway. Now what is worse? Offend someone with the word or help someone go to hell?

Ouch Stacey! That is mean don't you think.

Go the http://www.thewayofthemaster.com/ and listen to their message on Hells Best Kept Secret and The Difference Between a True and False Conversion. It is revolutionary and I promise you will see witnessing a whole new way. Even Jesus said He did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

If you know me, you know I am not a critical person. I do hope you have not misunderstood me. I want to encourage you, do not be afraid or ashamed to use the word. It is ok if someone gets offended, better yet if they get saved, but that is between them and God. What are the chances you will be stoned, hung on a cross upside down, beheaded, boiled alive, fed to lions or imprisoned. (speaking to Americans here). Jesus said the world hated Him and the world will hate you too, so you are in good company.

Now I am not saying to use Gods word as a club and beat them over the head with it. No, rightly divide the word and to do this you must know the word and you must know Him who is the Word.

Now go ye....

Gotta run, an 8 year old is needing attention.

No comments: